Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by means of a variety of materials, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colours, such floors appear magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge need for floor tiles under laminate is explained not only by their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often employed as the primary component for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of this material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature changes, they don't catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it's not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine"warm floor", as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren't poor to flooring made from pure stone or wood.
No matter how ideal this material is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate may comprise:
- The large price. The product 1poshtoram.ru, that may last over a dozen decades is pricey, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first version of the coat is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made from special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a durable and beautiful ending substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.